Guide – GO SMS Pro and Handcent Users

If you are having issues with SMS Auto Responder not working and are using a third party SMS/MMS application such as GO SMS Pro or Handcent, I have implemented a setting that will make it so they will work together! Here is how…

Handcent:

  1. Open Handcent and navigate to “Settings”
  2. In the settings screen tap “Application Settings”
  3. Tap “Default Messaging application”
  4. Tap “MMS” (this will allow Handcent to catch MMS messages so you won’t receive duplicate notifications)

SMS Text Auto Responder:

  1. Now open SMS Text Auto Responder and navigate to “Settings”
  2. Scroll down, find “Priority” and check that setting to enable it (the box will have a check mark in it when enabled)

You are now set for auto responder success! :)


GO SMS Pro:

  1. Open GO SMS Pro and navigate to “Settings”
  2. Tap the list item labelled “Other Setting”
  3. Scroll down and uncheck “Disable other message notification”

SMS Text Auto Responder:

  1. Now open SMS Text Auto Responder and navigate to “Settings”
  2. Scroll down, find “Priority” and check that setting to enable it (the box will have a check mark in it when enabled)

You are now set for auto responder success! :)

It’s that easy!

Let me know if you have any issues.

Rich

Update v3.0.18 – Blocking Auto Responses to Incoming Facebook SMS Messages

So, as it turns out I goofed! It was reported to me that a change I made regarding how the app deals with incoming SMS messages from Facebook caused the app to always respond when you had the app running.

To fix that, I added a new setting that you can enable/disable (it is enabled by default) to block an auto response to Facebook when the app receives an incoming SMS message from Facebook.

You can see this new setting in the screenshot I’ve attached to this post.

Let me know if you have any issues with this.

Screenshot showing application settings.

Update details – Errors, null numbers and try/catch OH MY!

Due to some weird crash reports I was receiving I decided to re-add ACRA to SMS Text Auto Responder. It sends its reports to Cloudant and uses Acralyzer to parse the reports.

With that said, there seems to be a rare occurrence where the incoming phone number is null or non-existent. I have added some error catching code to see if I can trap this error when it is happening and find out what is going on. Wish me luck!

Reports of SMS Text Auto Resoponder not working…

I have received several reports of SMS Text Auto Responder not working since the new JellyBean rollout for Verizon.

I am currently looking into it and will hopefully have a solution and patch/update that will fix this issue if it is indeed on my end.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Rich

Awesome! fmr…

Am in the process of updating jmarstudios.com. Hope to have it finished soon!

Have fun!

CryptoCurrency

Bitcoin Address:
1EKf3oQQJ1ocx1sfvM9uPyXDJVhPpuuSdX

Dogecoin Address:
DT4pTJJLYJLLh1wRxK6WVQoCM8mUnHkps4

Litecoin Address:
LRJTCGHunp82BHyGdegkZqMyB4dPNRHepW

Feathercoin Address:
6kLc1kXG6hTZfNQpwGxAhWoKc3A3NircDz